Saturday, January 9, 2010

Google Insights: two-letter combinations, part one

Okay, so this week I'm going to use Google Insights to test my ability to predict. The game is this: I'm going to take five series of five two-letter combinations, as follows. Set #1 will be 'aa', 'ae', 'ai', 'ao' and 'au'. Set #2 will be 'ba', 'be', 'bi', 'bo' and 'bu'. Set #3 will be the letter 'c' + each of the five vowels, sets #4 and 5 will be 'd' and 'e' plus the vowels.

The questions is: which of each will have been googled the most? Not in any particular year or country – just over all. This week I'll post my predictions, and next week the actual ones. Feel free to make your own predictions, though it's easy enough to cheat, of course.

These are my predictions: for set #1, 'au' will have been searched most, then 'aa', then 'ai', 'ae' and 'ao'. For set #2, I say 'be', 'bo', 'bi', 'ba' and 'bu'. For set #3, 'co', 'ca', 'ce', 'cu' and 'ci'. For set #4, 'de', 'di', 'do', 'da' and 'du' (that one is particularly difficult). For set #5, I say 'eu', 'ee', 'ea', 'ei' and 'eo'.

In a week, let's see how well I do. Is there a point to any of this? None whatsoever. But there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment